Monday, June 25, 2012

Staying put

Well there are six Elders here today in Quarai, and tonight all of them will be transferred except for me. I´ll end up with Elder William(s?) who some people think is from Argentina but I don´t know that many Argentinians with American names. It´s going to end up with just two sets of missionaries now. Then there´s also the married couple missionaries who are here and they´re going to stick around.
We went to Artigas today. It´s the town in Uruguay that´s on the border with Uruguay and Brazil. It´s more developed than this small town that I´m serving in but it´s not that HUGE of a city. They have sixteen Elders just there though so they´ve got to be baptizing and having success. We saw a couple sets of missionaries there today. Spanish and Portuguese are not the same! I understood pretty little and they understand Portuguese less. We took a few pictures including a picture of the big entrance at the bridge which says "Welcome to Artigas"  in Spanish. I´ll have time to send them next week.
Best of luck to Rick in finding a job.  The Lord will bless him for his mission.
About the article in the NY Times, my rebuttal: “The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it." JS Jr.
I´ll catch up with you all next week I love you very much.
-Elder Hanson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment